You would pretty much agree with me when I say “the act of brushing teeth serves as terminals of our day.” It’s the first thing you do when you get up in the morning and the last one before going to bed, right? But are you doing it right and using a sound toothbrush?
The research conducted by Delta Dental revealed more than 30% of the population do not even brush twice a day. Surprising! Isn’t it? Also, the average dentist-recommended brushing timings are approximately 2 minutes. Since brushing is an important part of your day, you should use a toothbrush that could clean properly. For that, we have done an exhaustive research and prepared for you a list of the best electric toothbrushes.
Best Electric Toothbrush 2017
Is spending for an electric toothbrush a good idea? Well, yes, it pretty much is. However, some people have a thick wallet while some don’t; therefore, the options vary according to your pocket.
Having said that, we are sure you can choose from the following list of the best electronic toothbrushes.
|Product Name||Battery Timing||Sensor Type||Timer Type|
|ORAL-B BLACK PRO 1000||28 Minutes||Pressure||In-handle||Check Price|
|PHILIPS SONICARE FLEXCARE PLATINUM||Two Weeks (20 Minute Daily Usage)||Touch up/Location||Quad-Pacer/ Smart||Check Price|
|CUH SONIC ELECTRIC||Long Lasting||No Alerts||Automatic/ Quadrant||Check Price|
|ORAL-B VITALITY||16 Hours (25 Minutes Daily Usage)||No Alerts||Quadrant less||Check Price|
|ORAL-B PRO 5000||40 Minutes||Pressure||Check Price|
|PHILIPS SONICARE DIAMOND CLEAN||84 Minutes||NO Alerts||Smart/Quad-pacer||Check Price|
|PHILIPS SONICARE 2||56 Minutes||NO alerts||Smart Timer||Check Price|
|ORAL-B PRO 7000||10 Days (15 Minutes Daily usage)||Pressure||Smart Timer||Check Price|
|PHILIPS SONICARE ESSENCE 5600||2 Weeks (10-15 Minutes Daily Usage)||No alerts||Smart Timer||Check Price|
|COLGATE A1500||Smart||No Timer|
1-Oral-B Black Pro 1000
The Oral-B Black Pro 1000 cleans the plaque and gums 300% times more than regular toothbrushes. The rechargeable brush provides you with clinically proven results due to its professional design that ensures cleaning of each tooth inside.
There are CrossAction bristles in the head located at 16 degrees that surround each tooth. It also performs 3D cleaning action through which, it oscillates and rotates, thereby breaking the plaque 300 times more efficiently than regular brushes.
Let’s dig deeper into the construction of Oral-B Black Pro 1000 and see how it works 300 times better than others. The CrossAction head comprised of the crisscross bristles each located at 16 degrees from each other. This design ensures tooth-by-tooth cleaning as the bristles slightly rotate as the brush moves.
Now, let’s come to the second unique feature i.e. timer. Your mouth is divided into four quadrants if you focus on the manufacturing, and each one needs equal attention as an equal amount of teeth are present in all four of them. Since dentists have recommended 2 minutes as average brushing time, it is important for you to give equal time to each quadrant. However, it is easier said than done! How can you measure seconds while brushing as they pass in the blink of an eye? The in-handle timer does that for you. It beeps every 30 seconds to let you know when it’s time to move to the next quadrant.
Similarly, the pressure sensor detects the pressure you apply to your gum and varies the speed of the brush accordingly. If you apply too much pressure, the brush stops as it is harmful to the gums.
These amazing features come under affordable price at it ranges from $40 to $50.
- Since it is rechargeable, so there are electrical dangers involved.
- Easy to handle and use.
- Highly recommended due to clear design and manufacturing.
- It cleans faster and better.
- There is just one cleaning mode, which means it isn’t a good choice for sensitive and yellow teeth.
- Battery lasts just a week or 28 minutes that isn’t sufficient.
- The pressure sensor isn’t visible, so it gets difficult for the user to identify when it indicates you are brushing too hard.
- Box comes with limited contents and no brush head storage compartment, and travel case comes with it.
2. Philips Sonicare Flexcare Platinum
The main features include nine different brushing options, an advanced head technology, and pressure sensors. It has been clinically proven to enhance your gum health within two weeks and removes up to 7 times more plaque located in between tooth. How it does all this? We will talk about the features that make it the best Sonicare toothbrush.
Furthermore, there’s a TouchUp feature and a Location sensor. The latter locates every move inside your mouth and lets you know whether you’re brushing accurately or not. The Location sensor highlights the areas you have skipped, and the TouchUp feature then enables you to move back to that point. The TouchUp sensor acts as a scrubbing sensor and works side by side with the Location sensor. As a result, you get to brush smartly.
As the name indicates, there’s platinum in it that is flexible enough to reach between two teeth and gently removes plaque from there. As a result, deep cleaning ensured, and it provides seven times better results than manual brushing. To avoid aggressive brushing that highly prohibited in the dentistry world, pressure sensors located at the handles that get activated when you apply too much pressure and the handle vibrates.
Philips Sonicare Flexcare Platinum is available in $199.99 along with the app.
- It has a long battery life of two weeks, so you just have to worry about charging twice a month. Plus, the mini travel charger is well-suited for traveling.
- It provides guidance and monitoring through 3D map.
- Self-monitoring of speed and stops when brushing too hard.
- Philips Sonicare Flexcare Platinum is hard to wipe down than other brushes. As a result, handling gets a bit complicated.
3.CUH Sonic Electric
CUH Sonic Electric Toothbrush comes with the UV sanitizer cordless rechargeable. It is a five-mode electronic toothbrush having an electric UV light that stops during operation. There is a LED indicator for inductive charging that informs you about charging and low battery through lighting ring sign. Not only does it clean your teeth and kill germs, but it also gives a soothing massage to your gums as well that improves your gum health. The regular usage of CUH sonic electric inhibits gum diseases and enhances your oral hygiene. The rechargeable toothbrush generates 4000 pulses in a minute that ensures deep cleaning. As a result, the plaque is removed from the gum line and deep inside your teeth.
It also has a two-minute automatic timer with 30 seconds built-in alerting that informs you when to switch to the next quadrant of the mouth and when to stop brushing as per the dentist-recommended timings. The lithium rechargeable battery with an overall capacity of 650 MAH provides an extra long usage time.
CUH ultrasonic electronic toothbrush along with cordless rechargeable 3 heads with UV and 5 brushing modes is available in $29.99. However, the package comes along with 3 replacement heads of worth $11.95 that makes 3.98 per head.
- The ultrasonic technology ensures deep and rigorous cleaning.
- Unlike other electronic toothbrushes, it provides massage to the gums.
- No worry of water exposure as it is waterproof and washable.
- Operation and handling are super easy as all you have to do switch modes.
- As per the sonic electric toothbrush reviews, following are the issues that might arise while using
- It’s louder and noisier than other toothbrushes.
- The high technology might feel hard to the extremely sensitive gums, but it’s very rare.
Oral-B Vitality is a legendary name in the dentistry world, so the reliability and validity pretty much ensured. A rechargeable toothbrush is a good option for those who have their braces on as the head is designed to oscillate and rotate; thereby breaking stubborn plaque inside of your mouth. Except for the Oral-B Sonic toothbrushes, it is compatible with all the Oral-B rechargeable handles
Following are the brush heads it is compatible with
- 3D White
- Sensitive Clean
- Precision Clean
- Deep Sweep
- Dual Clean
The 7600 rotations per minute provide excellent cleaning action and ensure removal of rigorous plaque. However, there are unique features that need to address.
Oral-B Vitality is available in $24.99 according to the latest market price. To be honest, you can’t expect much at this price, and this is the reason why there aren’t many attractive features in it. However, those who are mainly concerned with deep cleaning and own a limited budget can surely go for this one.
- It has a great cleaning action as it ensures cleaning of regions that are difficult to reach, making your mouth healthy and fresh and bringing your lost smile back.
- It looks so cool that kids attracted towards it. Making children brush their teeth is a hard job for parents. The rounded heads of tiny brushes appeal children, so they end up maintaining healthy teeth. However, it is advisable to keep the brushes away from children under 3.
- Let’s dig a bit deeper and see what the downsides of this electronic toothbrush are. To be honest, there are quite a few! The price of this brush is so less, so ultra-modern features can’t installed under such limited budget.
- It isn’t a perfect option for sensitive teeth and gums because there aren’t any pressure sensors that stops the brush movement when you put a lot of force. Cleaning of difficult regions ensured, but those who suffer from sensitivity should move to other options.
- There is neither a LED display nor a perfect guide to inform you about your movements. So, the parts that you skip are left behind.
- No quadrant timer is installed to let you know when it is the time to shift to the next quadrant of your mouth. It is a high-level feature that you surely can’t expect from a baseline toothbrush like this one. So, you have to estimate the quadrant timing yourself.
5.Oral-B Pro 5000
It is a bit similar to the Philips Sonicare Flexcare as it also provides a real-time display of your mouth. The Bluetooth technology connects your Smartphone with the brush and provides real-time feedback. There are five operation modes, so it is suitable for anyone at all. The pressure sensor is the unique feature that trains a person to brush as per recommendation.
The Bluetooth connection between the brush and your Smartphone enables you to see what’s going on inside your mouth while you brush. So, it pretty much acts as a guide; informing you which regions you left behind, what are you doing right and what’s wrong with your actions. It is a good option for especially those who are looking for feedback and guidance. You can also see which areas you have skipped brushing so you can get back and brush right away.
The Bluetooth connectivity acts just like a fitness tracker that keeps records of the burned calories and distance covered. The mobile app keeps the 20 most recent records, so you can also compare your current condition with the previous and check the progress. When you start brushing, the app aims to store two-minute record and reminds you to brush your tongue and rinse your mouth once you complete cleaning.
The price of this toothbrush ranges between $129.99 and $159.99. So, you can see how pricey it is!
- The biggest advantage of this toothbrush is the Bluetooth connectivity that provides the real-time display of brushing and keeps records.
- Even though it isn’t a sonic brush, it still oscillates, rotates, and pulsates to break the plaque to ensures deep cleaning.
- The five different modes enable a user to choose the one that meets his or her gum health. The daily cleaning is the standard mode that is the best for people with a sound oral health.
- Pressure sensors and customization pretty much act like a dental teacher as they guide and train you according to dentist-recommended brushing.
- With upsides come downsides, too. So let’s have a look what’s wrong with this toothbrush.
- The major reported issue is it comes with just one brush head so you have to buy specialized brush head that could fit the electronic toothbrush. The best ones always come with replacement heads, so that’s not a worry of the user usually, but here, it is!
- It’s pricey, so don’t forget to verify the two-year warranty that comes with it.
6.Philips Sonicare Diamond Clean
In the year 2017, Philips Sonicare Diamond Clean has been the most demanding toothbrush by Americans and their dentists. It provides much better cleaning than regular brushes and removes 100% more plaque. The users have reported difference within one week of the usage, and the oral health gets better in more than two weeks. So, it acts like a dentist for you.
The latest one having a deep cleaning mode is available in $169.95.
- It highly recommended by professional American dentists.
- Instant and rigorous cleaning of the hard-to-reach regions and provides 100% results.
- It comes with 5 cleaning modes to meet all types of oral requirements.
- It improves gum health in just two weeks.
- Easy to handle and carry due to glass and USB charging.
- With high recommendation comes the high price. It is an expensive tool, so one has to look into his or her wallet before buying.
7.Philips Sonicare 2
It removes around six times more plaque than manual brushing. Despite the fact it can affect dentist’s business, it is highly recommended by them due to its exceptional cleaning properties. If the brush does all the cleaning, it means the dentist’s job reduced to a great extent.
There is a gap between the head and the handle to allow the movement for BH. The 6 times more cleaning is made possible due to the sonic technology that provides 31,000 brush strokes in a minute. Also, the dynamic fluid action ensures that brush reaches along the gumline and between teeth. Furthermore, the plaque control special brush head is known as 1 ProResult also plays a significant role in plaque removal
As mentioned above, the unique feature of Philips Sonicare 2 is the sonic technology that enables superior cleaning, which you can see and feel yourself. Apart from that, the design of the brush increases the demand than another electronic toothbrush. The snap-on rounded brush head with bristles are designed to match teeth shape for finest plaque removal. Also, there is a power bunch at the top of the brush that reaches hard-to-reach regions. There is a blue bristle among rest of the green which acts as a reminder of when to change the head. It fades from blue to white and indicates it’s time you need a new head. The brush ergonomically designed with an intrinsic grip that increases the comfort level while brushing. Handling, cleaning, and changing the head is super-easy, so that’s also not a worry.
The battery life is long, up to 2 weeks that means, you can carry it for long traveling without worrying about charging. The battery charge indicator is two-colored that shows you the time to recharge. The countertop space of your bathroom also saved due to the small size of the charger.
After reading these amazing features, you might think it’s going to break your bank, right? Well, it isn’t that expensive! The total price of this toothbrush is $63.39.
- Provides instant cleaning and bring back your lost smile due to sonic technology and ultra-modern design.
- Durable as a head lasts almost three months which is quite a good time.
- Easy to use due to EasyStart and Smartimer as the former does all the work and latter indicates how much a session of brushing should last.
- Even though it isn’t much expensive, some of the customers have complained that the replacement brush heads are quite costly.
- The EasyStart feature is too powerful for sensitive gum as it shifts from soft introductory mode to stronger mode without the user’s will.
8. Oral-B Pro 7000
Designed by Braun, it accelerates even faster than a high-performance sports car. It is the result of German’s zero tolerance for plaque because the engineers have designed Oral-B Pro 7000 indeed engineered to work. The brush has seven essential functions, and it generates around 800 movements just in a second. Yes, not in a minute, but second! So, you can imagine the power yourself.
Oral-B Pro 7 of the smart series brought a revolution in the way you take care of your oral health. The Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity is the stand out feature of the smart series that doesn’t only clean your teeth but eliminates the slightest doubt that comes in your mind. You can see the real-time movements of your mouth simply by connecting the brush with your Smartphone, and it will show you everything that goes inside. Apart from that, it motivates you by providing feedback, tips, and rewards for your brushing. You can compare your oral health progress as it stores your brushing data up to 6 months with detailed graphs and charts.
Just like the rest of the electronic toothbrushes, the Smartimer that indicates when the standard two-minute brushing time is over. Also, the pressure sensor tells you to slow down when you brush too hard.
The total price of this toothbrush is $153. 90.
- The wireless smart guide, timer, and Bluetooth connectivity pretty much serve as dentists as all the guidance, tips, and feedbacks given through these features.
- The design of the brush and 3D movement enables quick cleaning and removes bad breath.
- The six cleaning modes along with tongue cleaning are well-suited for any gum type and oral health.
- The battery life isn’t that good as it lasts just for ten days. So, there is room for battery improvement.
- Also, the charging takes too long.
9.Philips Sonicare Essence 5600
Maintaining a good oral health is easier with Philips Sonicare Essence 5600 than other electronic toothbrushes. The Essence 5600 comes under the top most demanding toothbrushes due to sonic technology, soft contoured bristles, and angled neck. These features allow the brush to reach deep down and provide two times better cleaning than manual toothbrushes. There is an Easy-start option that makes your brushing experience adjustable, and a smart-timer guide you about the standard two-minute brushing time.
The Sonicare technology breaks stubborn plaque in the gentlest way possible by generating 31,000 strokes per minute. As a result, the sweeping motion enables fluid to reach deep down along the gumline and the tight spaces between your teeth; thereby resulting in healthier and cleaner mouth. If you are planning to put on braces, veneers, or implants, the essence won’t hurt you.
Your brushing experience has been comforted with the incorporation of soft grip handle and contoured bristles. These bristles align with the natural shape of teeth and perform tooth-by-tooth cleaning. The angled neck serves as an icing on the cake as it allows the bristles to reach difficult regions. The soft grip makes it easy for you to maneuver while brushing.
The battery lasts up to 2 weeks, allowing two times of brushing per day. An indicator shows you the remaining battery life so you can charge before its dead. Two weeks usage means you can take it to your short trips without worrying about charging. Also, you will get a 90 days money back guarantee and a complete two-year warranty upon buying
The Essence 5600 is available in $120.69 along with a soft travel case and soft travel cap.
- It eliminates plaque up to 2 times more than manual brushes due to the usage of ultra modern Sonicare technology.
- Your brushing experience with Essence is irritation and pain-free as the dynamic fluid action of contoured bristles and angled neck design comfort your gum and teeth.
- Super easy to use with the easy-start feature as most of the maneuvering done by the brush itself.
- Battery life is good enough.
- The Sonicare Essence is well-suited for all, and there aren’t many issues reported by the users, but the head deteriorates quickly when applied on braces or implants.
Taking care of your teeth is the basic aim of Colgate A1500. You are allowed to choose among three different power modes according to your oral health: the optimum, sensitive, and deep clean mode. The optimum mode is the standard mode in which the brush moves at an average speed. However, the A1500 moves gently in the sensitive mode and at a high-speed in the deep clean mode.
Charging is super easy as you just need to connect your brush with the charger. The indicator will report everything about the battery such as when is it charging, when it goes low, or critically low. If you want to maintain a long battery life, then don’t forget to charge 16-hours for the first time.
The price has reduced from £189.99 to £61.25.
- The sonic technology ensures deep cleaning and takes extra care of your mouth.
- The brush is automated even more with the smart sensors and auto-adjust technology; thereby making brushing easier.
- Pretty much serves as a guide by indicating when you position the brush rightly, aligning your brushing with professional recommendations.
- The 30-days return policy increase reliability more than any other product.
- Some customers have reported issues in the design of the toothbrush and said it doesn’t hold the charge as it should. As a result, the battery doesn’t get fully charged, and you have to charge again and again after 2 to 3 days.
- Since the carrying case is sufficient enough only for the toothbrush and head, you have to carry a spare bag for the charger as you need to take due to its poor design.